New York, NY 10018
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
Winfield Security is a firm that provides security officer services to corporate, commercial and residential clients throughout New York and New Jersey. We are based in Midtown Manhattan and have been helping companies hire the best security guards for more than four decades. We are looking for a Collections Clerk who has an interest or a background in general accounting. Why join our team? We are successful, have a lot of fun and are committed to the continued growth and success of Winfield.
The Collections Clerk’s primary responsibilities will be collections of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from the existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency. The secondary responsibilities will be to support the accounting department. This unique opportunity will give the right candidate a chance to be exposed to all aspects of Accounting and Payroll.
- Reviewing open accounts for collection efforts.
- Making outbound collection calls or emails in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Resolves client-billing problems and rescue accounts receivable delinquency, applying good customer service in a timely manner.
- Collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and all applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Mail correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- E-mail or fax documents to accounts and follow up.
Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years performing collections, accounting or bookkeeping duties in an office setting.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment.
- Experience in data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail and confidentiality
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with strong knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in the security industry is preferred but not required.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Perform other assigned clerical tasks and duties when necessary.
If you are interested please apply Directly with Winfield using the link below.